Sargaalaya, which can be found in the middle of the picturesque village of Iringal, invigorates the traditional craft sector of Kerala, serving as a single source to learn about and appreciate the traditional crafts and craftsmanship of Kerala.
The village creates a platform for the cultural and financial development of its inhabitants by bringing together under one roof highly skilled artisans hailing from more than 20 traditional villages spread across the state of Kerala. Thanks to this exquisite blend of tradition and culture, Sargaalaya can provide each visitor with an experience that is both one of a kind and joyful.
THINGS TO DO AT SARGAALYA:
• Appreciate art and artforms here:
The outstanding examples of exceptional skills that can be found at Sargaalaya come from a variety of states across the country. The art and craft products sold are not limited to those produced in Kerala.
In addition to becoming acquainted with many works of art that find expression in various materials, visitors can satiate themselves with the quality of the finished products.
• Promotion and felicitation of talent are educating and inspiring:
The ceremony to bestow the Kerala State Tourism award takes place in the crafts village. Rich craftsmanship displays and some incredible handiworks created by local artisans can be found in this center, which boasts an exquisite blend of brilliant hand-crafted designs and age-old traditions.
• Consider enrolling in a vocational program or workshop:
Over sixty types of traditional handicrafts are available at Sargaalaya, which also houses The Crafts Design and Technology development center and educates local artisans on contemporary variations of age-old arts and crafts practices. Handicrafts are on display in the cottages located within the Village.
• In addition, the village is home to over 60 stalls that are set up in quaint little kiosks and sell a variety of ethnic crafts:
The center provides local artisans with a safe space to sell their wares while protecting their respective brands.
The products are a masterpiece of wonderful artistry and skill and are designed with banana fiber, coir, bamboo, sand, husk, palm leaves, coconut leaves, and screw-pine.
• Sargaalaya Iringal International Crafts Festival will appeal to art students looking for ideas on projects and collaborations:
Every year from the 20th to the 5th of January, the quaint community hosts the internationally renowned Sargaalaya Iringal Festival.
At the festival, skilled artisans and craftsmen worldwide are allowed to showcase their work and share their knowledge.
The finest products are displayed, and the village comes alive with large-scale festivities and celebrations.
• The village has a whole lot of other facilities at bay for young and old alike:
1. The local cafeteria prepares local delicacies for the visiting guests, who are a treat to the taste buds.
2. The village's location is an additional advantage as it provides pedal and motor boat activities in the Moorad river for minimal charges.
3. The village has four auditoriums designed for various functions, ceremonies, and workshops. A riverside hall boasting a serene setting can accommodate events too.
4. Children’s Play area allows the kids to go all out and have fun while in the beautiful locale of the backwaters.
5. The village houses a huge aquarium and is a treat to watch........read more .......read more read less
Iringal, Vatakara, Kozhikode 673521 India