The beach of Sa Caleta, also known as Es Bol Nou, is located to the east of Cala Jondal and can be reached via an access road that does not have a paved surface. The area is absolutely stunning.
The beach is horseshoe-shaped, which adds to the sense of privacy it exudes thanks to the stunning red cliffs that surround it on three sides. This sandy beach is surrounded by water that is exceptionally clear and very shallow. The water in this bay is warmer than the water at other beaches since it is protected by the bay.
Due to the fact that Sa Caleta is merely a short strip of sand and a popular destination among the residents, it frequently reaches capacity, particularly on the weekends.
How to explore Sa Caleta?
- The beach is a fantastic place to go snorkeling due to the rocky promontories that are located to the left of it.
- You may get to two tiny bays that are popular by using a route that goes over the rocks to the right. Find a secluded spot on the rocks to the left, next to some rustic shelters used by fishermen, in order to have some peace and quiet.
- This picture-perfect cove also serves as the location of the remnants of the earliest Phoenician town on the island of Ibiza, which was established in 654 BCE. This location, which was given the status of a World Heritage Site in 1999, allows visitors to explore at no cost and provides a wealth of historical knowledge.
- Proceed forward along the left side of the cliff until you reach the peak. You will also go by several bunkers that date back to the Spanish Civil War as you make your route. 1940 saw the construction of these bunkers, which were designed specifically with Ibiza's coasts in mind. Due to the fact that the underground passages have not been damaged in any way, the bunker is accessible for you to explore.
- There is one restaurant on the beach that specializes in seafood and features a charmingly rustic and nautical design. It is a favorite of the community and is open all through the year. It features a weekly program throughout the summer months that include live music and other cultural events.
- Within a few minutes of walking distance of this stunning beach are a number of stunning villas in the San José region to stay in.
- You may also locate a cute tiny shop specializing in boho clothing, which can be found here.