The Camera Obscura and World of Illusions have entertained visitors for more than 175 years thanks to their mind-confusing mazes, tunnels, and viewing devices. It is a fascinating swirl of never-ending entertainment and fascinating science. Experience the wonder and appeal of Edinburgh's oldest purpose-built tourist attraction.
How to explore Camera Obscura and World of Illusions?
- The ancient periscope known as a Camera Obscura uses mirrors, lenses, and natural light to create breathtaking panoramas of Edinburgh. Experiencing it in its full splendor gives you an unforgettable experience.
- The Outlook Tower is home to a wide variety of exhibits from around the globe, making it a famous museum among tourists. This amusement park still has the power to enchant visitors today.
- See the vortex tunnel, which looks like a tangled entrance to another dimension. It depicts dazzling swaths of light swerving and radiating in deceptive ways, leading the viewer to believe that their mind, senses, and body are spinning out of control, just like the light.
- Do not miss visiting the mirror maze, which will leave you feeling both disoriented and enticed. You can only find your way out by entering this labyrinth of mirrors. Each flutter and reverberation of light creates an optical illusion.
- Visit the Vision level to see Victorian-era Edinburgh in stunning 3D. This floor functions essentially as a time capsule. A wide variety of stereoscopic lenses, mirrors, and 3D glasses are included to help you relive the past. City exploration is now completely hands-free, thanks to live view cams on this level.
- The most talked about level is The Magic Gallery, which features everything from rabbit hat illusions to bizarre contortions. Imagine candies that vanish, heads that switch places with others, walls filled with shadows that make no sense, mirrors that warp and distort, and a kaleidoscope that is both beautiful and mind-boggling.
- Morph machine schemes will astonish you with something out of a sci-fi thriller. For instance, this gadget can transform your look entirely like an older person.
- Go to one of the most significant hologram exhibitions housed here. Know more about the history of holograms. Some transform, others disappear, and many stare at you. It gives you a magical experience!